Road Map, a precious piece of Ducati corporate history
It is 1957,a period that sees a slow but significant rebirth of the Beautiful Country after the dark period of the Second World War, a rebirth of which Ducati Meccanica absolutely wants to be part. Among the plans of the Borgo Panigale company there is to advertise its products through an adventure (at least for those times) decidedly epic: the tour of the world on two Ducati 175 conducted
by the motorcycle champion Leopoldo Tartarini and his friend Giorgio Monetti.
The project Road Map is an unprecedented collection of letters and recordings soaked in the dust of a
Going forward, in fact, you realize that the leading role of the story cannot be traced solely to motorcycles and its leaders: the real
Astute to begin this story from the end, that is, from the arrival at the finish line of the two young people, in order to make you understand the epicness of this wonderful and crazy journey into the various souls of which the World is composed.
What the Road Map project contains:
- The book in collectible edition
- The DVD with:
The film 1 MAPPA PER 2 directed by Roberto Montanari and Danilo Caracciolo, production POPCult.
16 mm restored integral shot with musical accompaniment by Riccardo Nanni (dur. 80′)
- The music CD with the soundtrack of the film 1 MAPPA PER 2
Here are some reasons why Road Map can’t miss in a true ducatista’s library
– The project collects a precious piece of Ducati’s corporate history.
– Road Map has a lot of new material.
– 1 MAP BY 2 it has been presented at numerous italian and foreign festivals. He’s won a lot of awards.
– Tartarini and Monetti have remained figures in Ducati history even after that venture, and have become protagonists of many innovations in Ducati, including the initial conception of the Scrambler project.
– The company narrated in Road Map determined the surge in sales abroad in the following years for Ducati, which demonstrated in the field the “technical” approach tried by the incredible resistance of the Ducati 175 in extreme conditions.
A Jerez de la Frontera, seconda tappa del campionato SBK, si ri-accende lo spettacolo con Ducati protagonista. Doppietta di Redding e secondo posto in gara 2 per Davies.
L’ingegner Fabio Taglioni, nato a Lugo il 10 settembre 1920, è stato uno dei principali protagonisti della storia Ducati.